Website of the Credit Review Office
Outlined below is Credit Review Office policy with regard to users of the Credit Review Office website. Users of this website are advised to read this statement carefully. By visiting the site you are agreeing to the terms of this privacy statement.
The Credit Review Office fully respects your rights to privacy and will not collect any personal information without your clear permission. By providing us your information when you use the ‘call back’ option of our website, you are consenting to the information collection and use practices described in this privacy statement. Any personal information that you volunteer to the Credit Review Office will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality. This is strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 & 2003.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may, on occasion collect personally identifiable information about our users. Our goal in collecting personal information online is to provide you with the most useful and helpful web experience possible.
For general web browsing, certain information is recorded in the website log files which may include:
- The top level domain name from which you access the internet
- The IP address of the computer/mobile device from which you access the website
- The date and time each computer/mobile device accesses the website
- The pages accessed and the documents downloaded by each computer/mobile device
- The type and version of the browsers being used to access the website
- The addresses of any third party web-pages which refer visitors to our website
- Keywords used in search engines and directories to find our website
- Keywords and phrases used to search our website
This information is used for statistical purposes only including:
- To allow us properly respond to your queries
- To find out how many people are visiting the website
- To identify what pages are accessed more frequently
- To help us improve the information we are supplying to our users
- To make our site more user friendly
Cookies are small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, placed on your computer by a website. Some cookies can be read by the website on your subsequent visits. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the webpage, or a unique identification number so that the website can remember you on your return visit. Other cookies are deleted when you close your browser and only relate to the working of the website. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have furnished such information to the website.
Cookies are in use in a number of places on this website
- When you first visit this website, you will see a message informing you about cookies. If you click the ‘Close Notice’ button, a cookie will be set which records your preference.
- Cookies from Google are set because this website uses Google Analytics to analyse website usage.
- Cookies from Google may also be set when Google Maps are displayed on this website.
- Cookies from Google may also be set when Youtube videos are displayed on this website.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies or to customise your settings for cookies. To find out how to do this, see the ‘Help’ menu on your browser. Please note that if you turn off cookies or change your settings, some features of the website may not work correctly.
Usage of Google Analytics
If you are concerned about how personal data are processed via this website, please do not hesitate to bring such concerns to the attention of the Credit Review Office at the contact details listed below:
Credit Review Office
East Point Business Park
Telephone 1850 211 789