At The Credit Review Office
Please also see our Personal Data Protection Notice for further details about the ways in which we collect and use your personal data.
- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small data files that are stored in your web browser on your computer, tablet or smartphone (each a “Device”) when you visit a website. Cookies serve a number of purposes like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, interests or log in details, and generally improving your experience.
We may place cookies on partner websites to advertise our brands and/or services. These cookies are mainly used to display content tailored to your interests and to evaluate our content (including advertising). Our cookies are also used by third-party sites in order to provide advertising that is relevant. This relevance is based on a profile built form your previous visits to our Website, including the services you have visited. Please see our list of cookies used on this website.
- To customise your visit.
- To improve our Website.
- To save a visitor’s recent searches to save them time when revisiting our Website.
- To provide visitors with advertising that is relevant (third parties are involved in providing this).
- To analyse and compile collected data to build a profile about visitors.
- WHICH COOKIES DO WE USE?
|Source (Where cookies come from)|
|First Party Cookies||These cookies are provided by us and used by various features on our Website. Examples may include customising a visitor’s visit, providing statistical information, and verifying a visitor’s identity for security purposes.|
|Third-Party Cookies||These cookies are provided by “Third Party” vendors who provide products and features we have integrated into our Website. Examples include social media sites, ad networks, and security systems. Please see the list of cookies used on this website.|
|Expiration (How long cookies last)|
|Session Cookies||These cookies are added when a visitor starts to browse our Website or interacts with a specific feature and are deleted when the browser is closed.|
|Persistent Cookies||These cookies are added when a visitor starts to browse our Website or interacts with a specific feature, but may remain stored on your Device until a certain termination date is reached (in terms of minutes, days or years from the creation/update of the cookie).|
|Type (What application uses the cookie)|
|Necessary cookies||These are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Website. Without these cookies, our Website would not work properly and the services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or secure client accounts, cannot be provided.|
|Performance cookies||These collect information about how visitors use the Website, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. [These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.] We use these cookies to test different designs and features for our Website and we also use them to help us monitor how our visitors reach our sites and how effective our advertising is.|
|Functional cookies||These allow the Website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise.|
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- We may also use Google Marketing Platform tags (formerly DoubleClick) for advertising purposes. You can find more information about Google’s general policies here.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we offer a service, it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make engage with us and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and costs to ensure the best possible price and service.
- The behavioural advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and behaviours, and presenting advertising in relevant contexts. These fall under Google Analytics and Google Marketing Platform (above).
5. MANAGING AND DISABLING COOKIES
For instructions on blocking and deleting cookies, see the privacy and help documentation of your specific browser’s website. If you use more Devices and/or browsers you will need to disable cookies on each Device and on each browser separately. Here are the locations of the cookie settings for all major web browsers:
- Internet Explorer – Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab.
- Mozilla Firefox – Tools > Options > Privacy menu.
- Safari Users – Edit > Preferences > Privacy menu.
- Chrome Users – Settings > Content Settings > Privacy > Cookies.
If you limit the ability of our websites to set cookies, this may prevent you from using certain features of our Website properly and your user experience – which will no longer be personalised for you – may deteriorate. You may also be able to opt-out from certain cookies through third party cookie management sites. Disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain parts of our Website. If you delete your cookies from the browser, you may need to remember to re-install opt-out cookies.
6. WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES?
You can find more information about cookies by visiting the following information websites: